Athens Airport to Piraeus by Taxi
Once you exit from the arrival gate, the taxi queue is between exit doors 2 & 3 of the Athens International Airport.
The ride from the Athens Airport to Piraeus Port or Piraeus Cruise Terminal is approximately 45 km and it takes around 50 min without traffic. So sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
Although there is a flat fee /cost from Athens Airport to Piraeus Port/Cruise Terminal, the taxi driver has to start the meter in case you decide to change destination.
The flat fee €54 (daytime rate) and €70 (nighttime rate) includes VAT, luggage charge, tolls, airport fee, and meter start. You should not have to pay something on top of that, gratuity is optional.
Athens Airport Taxi to Piraeus
Day time (05:00-24:00)
Night time (00:01-04:59)
- Confirm the price and make sure the driver resets the meter once you start the ride
- Most taxis have no way of accepting credit cards, so make sure you have cash
- Some taxi drivers may speak English, especially those that do rides from the airport
- There are two cruise Terminals in Piraeus Port, most cruise ships dock directly at Terminal A at gate 11
- Where your cruise ship docks depends on the port traffic and the size of your cruise ship
Do you have a couple of hours until your ferry or cruise ship leaves from Piraeus Port?
- Take a small detour to Vouliagmeni Lake, a beautiful hidden gem!
- The ride from Athens Airport to Piraeus goes along the beachfront of the south suburbs (Athenian Riviera!), have a coffee break at Floisvos Marina