GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE PLATFORM & THE SERVICE UNDER THE TRADE NAME «WELCOME PICKUPS» FOR TRAVELLERS
- I. IN GENERAL
- II. TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE TRANSPORT SERVICES
- 1. Description of Transport Services
- 2. Legal Status of the Company
- 3. Policies of Transport Services
- 4. Declarations of Travellers
- 5. Company’s rights- Limitation of Liability
- 6. Charges and Payment Policy
- 7. Travellers’ opinion
- 8. Disclaimer
- IV. GENERAL LEGAL TERMS
- 1. Copyright
- 2. Τechnical Support
- 3. External links
- 4. Contact
- 5. Final Terms
- 6. Waiver
- 7. Invalidity of Term
- 8. Assignment
- 9. Applicable Law/Jurisdiction
- V. ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE PLATFORM POLICY</li
1. Description of Transport Services to Travelers<p>1.1 Booking a Transport Service with Us, means that a Driver will become the person who will greet and welcome You to their city, and / or will transfer You during Your stay.</p> <p>In particular, the transport services that You can book through the Platform, are the following (hereinafter referred to as ” Transport Services ” or “Pickups” or “Transfer” ):<p/> 1.1.1 Travellers’ Transport from and to airports, ports, train stations, bus stations. 1.1.2 Travellers‘ Transport from and to place of residence. 1.1.3 Travellers‘ Transport from and to sightseeings. 1.1.4 Travellers’ Transport from and to a point of interest in the city, including stop(s) over (for food, activity, photos, etc.). 1.1.5 Travellers’ Transport while in tour and transport from and to places of activities based on their interests. 1.2 At the point You will be welcomed by the Driver, You will receive products that You may have purchased from Us. and/or products that the We distribute free of charge (souvenirs, local sweets, city maps, etc.). 1.4 To make Your pick ups a personal experience for You, We will forward You the Driver’s name, surname and their mobile phone and/or their photo in case We have been provided with this. We are not a licensed private hire operator, nor a transportation carrier and WE DO NOT provide the Transport Services. We act solely as an intermediary between You and the Driver. By booking Your Pickup through the Platform, You enter into a direct and legally binding contractual relationship with the Driver who accepts Your Pickup. The Company provides information and a method to facilitate the Transport Services, but does not intend to provide Transport Services or act in any way as a transportation carrier, therefore has no responsibility or liability for any Transport Services provided to You by the Drivers.
3.2 Traveller Cancellation Request PolicyYou have the right to cancel a Transfer already booked through Us, at any time by contacting the Company either by phone call at the phone number provided in the confirmation email or in the website or email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a cancellation request is received by Us up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled pick up time, We will fully refund You in total. If a cancellation request is received by the Company between 48 hours and 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick time, We will charge You a cancellation fee equal to 9% of the Transfer fee and refund You with the remaining amount paid, as soon as reasonably possible. If a cancellation request is received by the Company within less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick up time, We will not refund You as this is a last minute and non refundable cancellation.
3.3 Traveller Change Request PolicyYou can contact the Company via a phone call at the phone number provided in the confirmation email or in the website or email at email@example.com and ask to change any of the booking details up until 12 hours prior the scheduled pickup time. Depending on the changes requested, the Transfer price might change. On that occasion, the new Transfer price will be communicated to You, and the new Transfer details will be in effect once there is payment confirmation of the new Transfer price where applicable. If the new Transfer price is less, the Company shall partially refund You. If the new Transfer price is more You should give us Your consent to charge Your card with the additional amount (if any) due to the change request. The Company cannot accommodate any changes to the details of Transfers requested within less than 12 hours prior to the scheduled pickup time. I n this occasion, the Transfer will either be operated as initially booked, or the You can proceed with a cancellation request, as per the Traveller Cancellation Request Policy.
3.4 Complimentary Waiting Time PolicyYour Welcomer will be waiting for You at the Pick Up place at the time that is scheduled in the Booking Order, subject to the provisions of this Complementary Waiting Time Policy and Extra Waiting Time Policy, so You must make sure that You show up in time, to avoid as being marked as a non-show where all the Terms of the Travellers’ No – Show Policy apply. The Company offers the following complimentary waiting times, depending on the type of Transfer booked:
- Airport: 60 minutes
- Port, Train Station, Bus Station: 30 minutes
- Other pickups (incl. Sightseeing Rides): 15 minutes
3.5 Extra Waiting time PolicyExtra waiting time is defined as an amount of time in addition to the complementary waiting time offered by the Company for which the Traveller asks the Driver to wait for them. You can ask for the Driver to wait for You longer than Company’s complementary waiting time as per the Complementary Waiting Time Policy, either in advance (before the Transfer is operated) or the latest by the end of the complementary waiting time. You can do so by contacting Company’s Customer Support either by a phone call at the phone number provided in the confirmation email or in the website or by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company can guarantee only the complimentary waiting time as additional waiting time for the Traveller if the extra waiting time has not been asked for at least 12 hours before the scheduled pickup time. If You request an extra waiting time and the assigned Driver can accommodate this, an extra fee will be charged to You for every 15 minutes of extra waiting time, as follows:
- ● For a Pickup where a Sedan car-type is assigned: EUR 6.00 / 15 min ● For a Pickup where a Minivans car-type is assigned: EUR 9.00 / 15 min ● For a Pickup where a Minibus car-type is assigned: EUR 12.00 / 15 min
3.6 Traveller No-Show PolicyTraveller No-Show (TNS) is defined as a Traveller not being at the pickup location by the end of the complimentary waiting time, or the extra waiting time if that has been agreed between the Traveller, the assigned Driver and the Company as per the Complementary Waiting Time Policy and the Extra Waiting Time Policy . The pickup location is defined as the place where the Traveller has asked to be picked up from. In case of airport/port pickup, the Company notifies You via the booking confirmation email the exact pickup location where the Driver will be waiting for You (i.e. Arrivals hall, Departure hall, etc.). In the occasions where the Traveller fails to appear at the pickup location by the end of their complementary waiting time, or the end of the extra waiting time, or if an “Extra Waiting Time” request has not been able to be accommodated by the Driver, the Transfer is marked as a “Traveller No Show” (“TNS”). In this case no amount is refunded to the Traveller. If an extra waiting time was agreed with the Traveller as per the Extra Waiting Time Policy, the Traveller must pay the extra waiting fee as well. If You are not at the pickup location at the scheduled pickup time, and the Pick up place is an Airport, Port, Train Station or Bus Station, the assigned Driver will try to contact You via text/Whatsapp/Viber or he will try to call You on Your Mobile. By booking a Transfer You consent to Us providing Your mobile phone number to Your Welcomer. A possible TNS will be reported by Your Welcomer to the Company, at the following times:
- ● For airport pickups by 45 minutes of a Traveller’s delay to appear at the pickup location after the scheduled pickup time ● For Port, Train Station, Bus Station pickups by 15 minutes of a Traveller’s delay to appear at the pickup location after the scheduled pickup time ● For Sightseeing Rides and other Transport Services by 5 minutes of a Traveller’s delay to appear at the pickup location after the scheduled pickup time
- ● If You have not been reached (have not replied) , We must “release” the Driver. In this occasion, the Transfer is marked as a “TNS” . ● If You have been reached and have communicated that You will be at the pickup location by the end of the complimentary waiting time, We must inform the Driver to wait. If You fails to appear by the end of the complimentary waiting time, We will make one final effort to reach out to You, and depending on the outcome, either release the driver immediately, or follow Company’s Extra Waiting Time Policy accordingly. ● If You have been reached and You have asked for extra waiting time, We will contact the Driver whereas the Extra Waiting Time Policy will apply accordingly.
3.7 Driver No-Show PolicyThe Driver must be at the pickup location by the scheduled pickup time. If the Driver is to be up to 10 minutes late, they will contact and notify the Traveller (via call and text/Whatsapp) as much in advance as possible, and the latest by the scheduled pickup time. If the Driver is to be more than 10 minutes late, they will contact and notify Company ’s CS as much in advance as possible, and the latest by the scheduled pickup time. Company ’s CS will contact the Traveller and notify them of the expected Driver delay.
3.8 Baggage Allowance PolicyWhen booking the Transfer, You are requested to declare the number of pieces of luggage You will be carrying with them during the Transfer. One piece of luggage is considered to be
- A medium to large sized backpack
- An average suitcase, whether it’s a carry-on or checked-in type (volume not to exceed 100lt)
3.9 Traveller Refund PolicyThe Transfer fee paid by a Traveller is refunded in its entirety in the following occasions:
- ● If the booked Transfer is cancelled by the Company for operational capacity reasons ● If the booked Transfer is cancelled due to a force majeure incident (strike, demonstration, natural disaster, accident, etc.) ● If the Transfer is cancelled due to a flight/ship delay over 8 hours as per the Complimentary Waiting Time Policy ● If the Company receives a Traveller cancellation request up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled pickup time as per the Traveller Cancellation Request Policy
4. Travellers’ Rights and Obligations – Representations – Warranties4.1 TRAVELLERS’ REPRESENTATIONS-WARRANTIES : By using the Platform, You agree: ● to provide true, accurate, complete and updated information about yourself at the booking form, and update them whenever necessary. The Company is not obligated to monitor or control the accuracy of information provided by You. If any information provided by You is not in accordance with these provisions or if the Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such pieces of information do not agree, the Company has the right to refuse Your registration, and suspend or terminate immediately, regardless of notice, the registration of Your account and refuse any and every use, present or future, of the Services that require registration. In this case, You shall not be entitled to any indemnity or compensation for the refusal, suspension or cancellation of Your registration. ● that You will not use the Platform: for any unlawful purpose; in any way that interrupts, damages, impairs or renders the Company less efficient; to transfer files that contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs; to access or attempt to access the accounts of other users or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate any security measures; to disseminate any content which is defamatory, obscene, or may have the effect of being harassing, threatening or abusive to an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability or otherwise; to advertise or promote third party or Your own products or services; ● to refrain from doing anything which we reasonably believe to be disreputable or capable of damaging our reputation ● and acknowledge that we have limited control over the nature and content of information received by You or other users of the Platform. Although we reserve the right to do so, we do not monitor such content in the usual course of business and will not be liable for any such content. If You have a complaint about another user please contact us via the Platform; ● to comply with all applicable laws from Your home nation, the country, state and city in which You are present while using the software or Service; ● to treat Drivers introduced to You through the Platform with respect and not to cause damage to their Vehicle; ● to compensate and defend us fully against any claims or legal proceedings brought against us by any other person as a result of Your breach of this agreement. ● that the email (e.g email@example.com) that You use to register on the Platform shall not resemble to Company’s company name. Also log in passwords deemed offensive may be deleted, as well as containing a URL or email address. ● that You shall not use the Service or software to cause nuisance, annoyance or inconvenience ● that by accessing and using the Services via mobile devices, or by using certain mobile features, You may incur fees from the provider or carrier of the mobile services that You use (“Carrier”) and You are solely responsible for the payment of such fees. 4.2 You acknowledge and agree that You must avoid any action that may cause traffic safety problems. Particularly, You warrant and represent that You will:
- ● not in any way hinder the Driver from driving safely during Your transfer, ● not attempt to disembark or board the vehicle when it is moving, ● not smoke, ● not open windows and doors without the Driver’s consent; ● be decent, courteous and not display inappropriate, abusive, provocative or threatening behavior in any way during the Transfer; ● not take any action that may cause damage to the Driver’s Vehicle, ● take care that the children, animals and objects to be transferred are done so with responsibility, ● Not throw objects inside or outside the Vehicles or pollute them in any way, ● Carefully observe the instructions for traveling with young children and for the transport of infant and kid strollers, luggage, bicycles and pets, ● not consume food and drinks throughout Your Transfer and until the end of the Transfer. ● not embark on a Vehicle with dirty or contaminated clothing
6. Charges and Payment PolicyThe Company facilitates pre-payment via PayPal, Braintree, Checkout or Shopify, Checkout or Shopify of a Traveller’s Transfer, The cost of a Transfer (“Transfer Cost”) is the amount shown to You when You get a quote via the Platform or the amount shown to You before payment. Transfer cost includes Driver’s fee and Company’s revenue. The Company’s Revenue is calculated on a percentage basis or may be a fixed fee and its calculation may change without any previous notice to You and according to the Company’s will and as it is deemed necessary for Company’s business. The Driver is solely responsible for providing a printed receipt to the Traveller and abiding with local tax regulations on the income generated by the Transfer. We do not hold any responsibility whatsoever for tax compliance of the Driver and/or Traveller with local tax authorities. Refunds: The full amount of the Transfer Cost (including the Company’s Revenue), is charged immediately following completion of such election to the Traveller’s authorized PayPal,Braintree, Checkout or Shopify account and transferred (less the Company’s Revenue) to such Driver’s account. About the Refund Policy please see section II. 3 -Policies of Transport Services. Promotional Offers: The Company, at its sole discretion, may make available promotional offers with different features to any of Travellers. Facilitation of Payments: All Donations or Charges, as applicable, shall be facilitated through PayPal or Braintree or Checkout or Shopify, Company’s third-party payment processing service.
7. Traveler Opinions7.1 Only the Travellers who have received the Transport Service may rate / comment the Transport Service, the Drivers, their vehicles or whatever else they deem appropriate and worthwhile of annotation or of positive or negative remark. 7.2 In particular, the Company, upon completion of the Transport, sends an email to the Traveler in order to invite them to rate the Driver who carried out the Transport, and the Company. The Traveler rates the Driver by setting a score from one (1) up to five (5) stars. For a score of three or less stars, the Traveler should choose one of the reasons presented to them to justify their negative feedback. In any case the Traveler has the right to send to the Company comments regarding the Driver, the Company, the Transport and / or anything else. 7.4 The Company does not indemnify or reward Travelers who have sent their rating / feedback. Travelers’ review, rating and comments may be used by the Company at its absolute discretion to inform Travelers for marketing purposes and for purposes of its own evaluation of the Drivers. 7.5 Travelers have the right to publish ratings / comments in public media, for example, social media or websites such as FB, TRIPADVISOR and it is at the discretion of the Company whether to consider these ratings / comments too, as part of Your evaluation by the Company and how these are managed in general.
8. DISCLAIMERBy entering into this agreement and using the software, the Platform or Service, to the extent permitted by law, You agree that You shall defend, indemnify and hold the company, its licensors and each such party’s parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate (distribution) partners, shareholders, officers, directors, employees, representatives, members, attorneys, licensees, agents, or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the software and its contents harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with: (i) any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim, (ii) any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including personal data, comments, and ratings) of the users as made available on our software, (iii) the services rendered by the driver, (iv) any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by You (including attorneys’ fees and costs), pursuant to, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay or virus of our software and/or the server that the software is hosted, or (v) for any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by You, whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (gross) negligence, willful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to the user (its employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives or affiliated companies)(including attorneys’ fees and costs), including any (partial) cancellation, double-booking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control (vi) any information on this software sometimes linked to external sites over which our services have no control and for which we assume no responsibility (vii) any user violation or breach of any term of this agreement or any applicable law or regulation, whether or not referenced herein.
1. GeneralWe take privacy seriously and We respect and protect Your personal data. We are “W ELCOME TRAVEL TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LTD” , with no 10879236, headquartered in c/o Harrison Beale & Owen Seven Stars House, 1 Wheler Road, Coventry CV3 4LB, UK with VAT np: 289 0786 46, with the following contact details: email: firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter the “ Company ”, “ We” , “ Us, ” “ Our ”) and We are the controllers of Your Personal Data. This Privacy Notice tells Travellers (hereinafter the “Traveller(s)”, “You”, “Yours”, “User”) what information about You We collect, what We do with it and what rights You have in relation to any of Your personal data being processed by Us. . Click on “f ind out more” in each section for further information.
- information about the Data Controller information on how to conduct Us for any issue regarding Your personal data.
- the type of personal data that we collect for You and methods of collection
- the purpose of collection, the processing activities of Your personal data and the legal ground for the processing;
- security measures that we undertake for the protection of Your personal data and Our data retention policy;
- Your rights and the ways to exercise them and any options You may have regarding processing of Your personal data
- information about the protection and storage of Your personal data by our Company
II. DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
1. Who is the Data Controller?Data Controller of Your personal data is the company under the name “W ELCOME TRAVEL TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS LTD” , with no 10879236, headquartered in c/o Harrison Beale & Owen Seven Stars House, 1 Wheler Road, Coventry CV3 4LB, UK with VAT np: 289 0786 46 (“ Company ”, “ us, ” “ our ,” and “ we ”).
2. Questions and CommentsIf You have any questions, or wish to exercise any of Your rights, You can conduct Us at the following contact details: email:p email@example.com. If Your country has a data protection authority, You have a right to contact it with any questions or concerns. If We cannot resolve Your questions or concerns, You also have the right to seek judicial remedy before a national court.
III. COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
1. WHAT personal data do we collect and HOW we collect themWe collect some of Your personal data when You use the Service and book Your transfer, or buy a product from or through Us. We collect different types of personal data either directly from You or from third parties through automatic means such us (indicatively):
- Identity data: You grant us when You get a price quote i.e Your pick up address, when you book a transfer, Your name, surname, email, telephonel etc.
- Communication Data: You provide Us with Your mobile phone number and Your email, a means to either Us or the Driver who picks You up, to communicate with You about the Transfer.
- Payment Data You provide Us with Your bank card number, the expiration date of the card, the CVV etc. in order to pay for the Transfer and Your email and/or full name when You pay via Paypal
- Transport Data (History): The total number of Transfers You have made through Us in cases You have an Account with Us.
- Technical / Device Data: The type of software used when entering the Platform, when using it, etc, IP address, login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices You use to access our Platform, etc.
- Login Data, when You log in Your account in the Platform which is Your email and password.
- Profile Data created from the information You provide to us when You make a booking, from data regarding Your preferences and provided to Us optionally, from Your interaction with the Newsletters (e.g., how many and what newsletters You open and when), from Your purchase habits deriving from products You may buy from Us, from information derived from Your browsing (kind, time, cost), from Your feedback on the market research that our Company may conduct from time to time, from Your feedback and Your questions to us or any complaints from Your interaction with Social Media, or directly from Our Customer care, from the information You voluntarily upload to Social Media, from information collected from cookies we use, from data that You grant us You when You complete questionnaire that we send to You following the payment etc (such as nationality, consumer preferences etc).
- Demographic data : age, city, Postal Code etc.
- Cookie data: number of visits to the Platform, visitor interaction with the Platform (see analytically Cookies Policy ).
- Customer service data: when You call Customer Support Team, we collect Your full name, voice data etc.
Learn more…..We collect directly from You the following personal data: – When You open an Account with Us and also book a Transfer, You provide us with identity data, contact data, payment data etc – When You communicate with us, we collect identity data and communication data, and customer service data if You contact Customer Support Team etc. We collect the following data and information for You automatically.
- • By using cookies and other related technologies, we collect and / or create data about Your preferences, the type of newsletter You open or not, its content and your interaction with us after each newsletter, the type of Transfer You booking, the search terms You’ve entered or the links You clicked on the Platform etc, • From Your bookings, we create data about Your bookings, and booking history, Your preferences etc. • Data about the devices through which You visit our Platform, such as IP address, login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices You use to access our Platform, etc. • Data about the page from which You log in and the page You visit when You leave the Platform (i.e. your Browsing history)
· 2. HOW and WHY do we use Your personal data.We use Your data for the legal purposes referred below. However, where the European laws restrict or prohibit certain activities described in this notice, we will not use information about You for those purposes. Subject to the above, We may use information about You for the following purposes :
- To subscribe You to the Platform and open your Account.
- To identify You every time You log in.
- To provide you with the Service.
- To arrange for Your Pick Up and delivery to a booked place.
- To communicate with You about Your Transfer.
- To communicate with You about the Platform.
- To communicate with You in order to address any of the inquiries or problems You have.
- To receive Your payments for the Services.
- To help You as a Traveller for the Transfer.
- To handle / process Your requests, such as change of a Transfer that You have booked, change Your personal details, exercise Your rights.
- To transmit documents and information necessary for the use of the Platform and the Service.
- For marketing purposes.
- For security reasons for the transactions.
- for business analysis and enhancements, such as making our Services available and optimized, optimizing Your experience and service within the Platform, and customizing Your experience in Platform
- For statistical analysis.
- To comply with regulatory obligations.
- For other purposes that we will notify You, or identify to You on a case-by-case basis, at the point where Your information is originally collected.
- compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- the performance of a contract to which You are a party;
- a legitimate business interest that is not overridden interests You have to protect the ·information;
- where none of the above applies, Your consent (which we will ask for before we process the information).