Taxi Service in Houston
Houston has become a world class city offering its visitors a rich diversity of things to do and places to visit. At the same time Houston is the only city in the US with no land-use zoning laws, which has led to a haphazardly planned city, so figuring the city out can prove a little daunting. The most convenient form of travel is therefore the Houston taxi which can take you all over the city with minimum effort and where you’ll have the opportunity to make use of the great local knowledge from your driver.
Hand picked & english speaking drivers
Same price as a regular Taxi from the line
Drivers are always on time
24/7 Email & Phone support
(05:00 - 24:00)
(00:00 - 05:00)
Houston Cab Prices
As with most cities in the US, taxi prices in Houston are set by the city. The current tariffs were last set and published in March 2012. These tariffs are ensured by the use of officially calibrated taximeters installed in all Houston cabs. The cost of a Houston cab ride is made up of a base fee, a kilometre charge and a waiting time charge per hour. Most taxi services in Houston offer fixed-rate prices to many popular Houston destinations.
Base fee – $2.75 (€2.50)
Kilometre rate per km – $1.38 (€1.25)
Standing / Waiting time per hour – $24.00 (€21.80)
These taxi rates are applicable to rides taken between 06:00 and 20:00. For all rides between 20:00 and 06:00 add $1 (€0.90) extra to the base fee.
There may be extra charges when using a taxi service in Houston on a Sunday or holiday, or to and from the airport and when using a toll road during your journey.
Read all reviews
How to get a taxi in Houston
Finding a taxi in Houston is a simple affair and there are a number of ways to do this. If you are staying at a hotel you will usually find taxis waiting outside the main entrance of your hotel or if you are already on the street you can directly hail a taxi when you spot it going by. You can also make arrangements in advance and book a taxi with one of the many Houston taxi operators that are available. These are some of the most popular taxi companies in Houston:
- Aarons Taxi Service: (888) 610-7473
- 24hr Taxi of the Woodlands: (832) 515-7779
- Yellow Cab: (713) 236-1111
Booking your Houston Taxi in Advance
It’s always a good idea to plan ahead and book a taxi in advance for travelling around the city or for your planned visits to the many attractions and sites around Houston. Welcome Pickups offer private airport transfer services with low cost fixed-rates which you can pre-book, pay for in advance and for added value also offer a flexible cancellation policy if and when needed.
Houston Taxi Tips
- Airport personnel are available from 07:00 till midnight to assist passengers in finding a taxi at Houston airport. For assistance in finding a taxi from midnight till 07:00 you can either call +1 281-743-3970 or use the courtesy phones to dial 23-4198.
- Senior citizens with valid identification are eligible for a 10% discount on all taxi fares.
- For late evening / night transfers (from 20:00 till 06:00) a $1(€0.90) charge will be added to the taxi fare.
- Any taxi rides that require the use of toll roads or bridges are not included in the taxi fare and will be added to the final cost at the end of the journey.