From the historical Old Town to the stunning views of the Adriatic Sea, there’s just so much to see and do in Dubrovnik. If you’re only staying in the city for a short amount of time, or if you want to explore all the surrounding areas have to offer, the best way to get around is using a Dubrovnik taxi. Although Dubrovnik taxi prices run a little high, the service is extremely reliable, fast and safe. You can easily grab a cab by walking to a taxi rank, hailing one down in the street or calling one of the radio taxi companies.
Base fare – €3.36
Price per km – €1.08
Hand picked & english speaking drivers
Same price as a regular Taxi from the line
Drivers are always on time
24/7 Email & Phone support
Dubrovnik Taxi prices
Taxis in Dubrovnik mainly calculate their fare using a taximeter based on distance. Although you can sometimes find set rate fees between the main taxi stands, any other journey will be charged using a taximeter. All fares are well regulated by the government and can be found printed on a card inside the taxi or a board at the official taxi stands.
Base fare – €3.36
Price per km – €1.08
It’s worth keeping in mind that there may be extra fees for travelling late at night, on Sundays, during major holidays, for keeping your driver waiting for an hour (€6.73) and excess luggage over 10kg.
Read all reviews
How to get a Taxi in Dubrovnik
Finding a taxi in Dubrovnik is extremely easy, so long as you know a couple of the local rules. Taxis aren’t allowed to enter the Old Town, so hailing a taxi in the street there is impossible. Instead, you will need to walk to either the Pile Gate taxi stand or the Ploče Gate taxi stand to get a cab. Once you’re outside the Old Town border, you can easily hail a taxi in the street or walk to your nearest taxi stand. To ensure you’re taking an official Dubrovnik taxi, look for cars that are white with a red stripe along the side.
If you choose to take your Dubrovnik taxi from a stand, you will find them at the major tourist attractions, in the main bus station in Gruž, at the ferry terminal and at Lepad. Your other option is to call the local radio taxi company on +385 2041 1411. This service allows you to wait inside out of the hot sun for your taxi, but it does come with an extra fee.
Booking your Dubrovnik Taxi in advance
There’s nothing better than having your vacation planned, booked and budgeted for, so all you have to do is enjoy it. By booking your Dubrovnik taxi in advance, you not only ensure on-time pickups and no waiting time, but you can also secure some great prices. If you’re looking for world-class service and friendly, English-speaking drivers, we recommend booking your Dubrovnik taxi in advance with Welcome Pickups.
Dubrovnik Taxi Tips
- Taxis cannot enter the Old Town but there are pick-up and drop-off points at the Pile and Ploče gates.
- We recommend writing down your hotel’s address as most Dubrovnik taxi drivers don’t speak English, so you can always find your way back to your accommodation.
- The taximeter should always be set to the base fare of €3.36 before you begin your journey.
- Taxis in Dubrovnik don’t offer baby seats, but you can bring your own and fit it for free.
- Unfortunately, taxi drivers in Dubrovnik don’t accept credit card payments.
- Dubrovnik taxi drivers don’t usually carry change for large bills, so be sure to carry change with you when taking a taxi.
- Tipping in Dubrovnik isn’t generally expected, but you may wish to round your total bill to the nearest euro, if your ride was excellent.
- Be sure to ask your Dubrovnik taxi driver for your receipt at the end of your journey, so you can reclaim any forgotten items.
Wheelchair Accessible Taxis in Dubrovnik
As standard, Dubrovnik taxis don’t have wheelchair accessibility. However, there are a few local tour companies that offer this kind of service and Wheelchair Accessible Holiday Taxis do operate in Dubrovnik. This company offers cars with wheelchair ramps, lifts and plenty of seating space for friends and family.
Dubrovnik Taxi complaints and safety
Although many different companies operate taxis in Dubrovnik, the service as a whole is very well regulated. Thanks to the higher taxi prices, Dubrovnik taxi drivers tend to be extremely professional and courteous. However, if you do experience any serious problems during our journey or feel you have been scammed, you can call the Transport Police on +385 20 443 666. Make sure you have the taxi number, driver’s ID and date and time of your journey close by, as they will ask for these details.